[Public-list] Keeping US Registered Boat in Canada

Zinser, Brian BZinser at mes.nmu.edu
Wed Jul 7 11:56:25 PDT 2004

Thanks John:

I'm told that a vessel can enter the country for up to 12 months and was
wondering if I could just enter on a cruising permit and return to
states once a year for a few days or haul out on the u.s. side and
re-enter on a new permit. Unfortunately, in the North Channel, prices
for moorage, haul out and storage are more favorable on the Canadian
side.

Thanks for the help with the various agencies I need to contact to get
the correct story. Since 9-11, everything that use to be a routine
matter for those of us on/close to the border has become a bureaucratic
hassle. Forgot my kid's birth certificate/passport a few weeks ago and
was read the riot act going both ways by both the Canadian and U.S.
agent.

Brian Zinser
#134 Manana