[Public-list] shaft length

Jim Davis a30240 at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 7 17:13:38 PDT 2004

Look for a good local machine shop. I have a shop on Staten Island that had
new bronze shafts ready for me in 2 or 3 days.

Bring the shaft half of the coupling so they can check the fit also.

Excellent advice, except use SS not bronze for the diesel.  Any shaft shop worth its salt can knock out a 7/8 shaft real quick.  Back in the spring rush, perhaps not, but now  OK.

Jim Davis
S/V Isa Lei
CT 35

If man does find the solution for world peace it will be the most revolutionary reversal of his record we have ever known.
George C. Marshall