[Public-list] Cushions

Brian and Elaine Timmins timmins at optonline.net
Sat Jul 10 19:54:36 PDT 2004

My sister in law sewed the covers for our new cushions. We used velour
upholstry fabric in green and we replaced the foam. The way we did it was to
buy the foam from a local supplier cut to the approximate large size. Then I
took the foam to the boat and used an electric carving knife (two
reciprocating blades) to trim it to an exact fit including the chamfered
corners, slight taper, et al. Then the foam went to my sister in law for
covering. She did a wonderful job (after studying the cushion project in the
sailrite book series). She did complain about the chamfers and tapers, but
the final product was beautiful.
Regards,
Brian   ex#497
P.S.: She's also done the new cushions on my current boat with close out
Sunbrella upholstry fabric. Some foam got replaced and some reused this
time.
Brian