[Public-list] Bilge Pump Discharge

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Tue Jul 13 14:10:04 PDT 2004

Roger,

My bilge pump through-hull is to starboard, and my exhaust outlet is to
port.  Until recently, I only had a manual pump, but when I added the
electric pump I teed off the same through-hull to avoid putting another
hole in the boat.  I used a standard cast-bronze plumbing tee and put
the 1/2" hose for the electric pump on the side that's uphill at rest.
The 1-1/4" manual pump hose is on the end of the tee, and flows straight
down.  I haven't needed any check valve.

 - George