[Public-list] Bilge Pump Discharge

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Tue Jul 13 16:06:00 PDT 2004

If I really need to pump a lot of water in a hurry, the electric bilge
pump is not going to do me any good.  The one I put in (1100 gph, I
think) trickles a small stream pushing up that hill to the counter under
the stern.  The one I put in originally (500 gph) would only pump out if
the battery was charged to max by shorepower.  Normally it only got the
water within a few inches of the outlet.

BTW, I learned another trick from This Old Boat: reduce the hose from
the size on the pump down to 1/2" ID.  That way there's less water to
drain back when the pump shuts off.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   So many I love were not yet born.