[Public-list] Two questions

Robert E Johns rjohns3 at optonline.net
Thu Jul 15 13:10:17 PDT 2004

On Jul 15, 2004, at 2:43 PM, Barbara and Jim Palmer wrote:

> Be aware that with a larger alternator and smart regulator you can
> cook your
> batteries. Our friend Bob did just that and had to replace them all
> (battereies)again.
> Barb

Barb,

We've used a 100 amp alternator and smart regulator for years. The main
battery is a pair of 6 volt golf cart batteries in series, with
approximately 200 amp-hour capacity. (It may be that a big alternator
doesn't like small amp-hr ratings, or there may be a problem with the
smart regulator.) We just started on our third set of golf cart
batteries and the first two had average life-spans of 10 years.

Regards,
		Bob Johns,  Wind Call, #397