[Public-list] some rigging questions

Roger L. Kingsland rkingsland101 at ksba.com
Mon Jul 19 14:04:41 PDT 2004

Great rigging questions; many I was afraid to ask.  Some uneducated feedback
on the loose footed main.  First, I think even a "shelf footed" main has a
point load on the clew (rather than a distributed load).  Second, I
speculate the class rules have not been changed because so many skippers and
crew like to take power naps (equal to no more than the time spent on each
tack) on/in the "shelf."  If the rule were changed, imagine the suprise of
the first guy who jumps up for a nap on a loose footed rig.

Roger

Roger Kingsland
Chief Boat Boy
PERFECT intentions, A30 #148
on the hard at N40° 33.945' W79° 51.260'

Author's Disclaimer; This email was produced exclusively by the sender and,
in the interest of expediency, without the benefit of editing by others.
The sender, thank goodness, is a much better architect/sailor than
speller/editor and, frankly, constantly laments an obvious flaw in "spell
check," it does not know what the author is thinking.  Please accept the
sender's sincere apologies for any "typos" that may appear in this document.
If present, they are certainly unintended and hopefully do not cloud the
message, or spawn any unnecessary lawsuits.