[Public-list] Furler/forestay halyard wrapping

J Bergquist j at ship.saic.com
Thu Jul 22 07:24:32 PDT 2004

Eddie-

This is exactly the problem I had. My 'quick fix' was to cover the top
of the halyard with a sawed-off piece of shroud roller. This seems to
work fine and prevent the halyard from snagging.

I am planning to install a halyard diverter like you mentioned. I think
this is the best solution to the problem. It's not an easy installation,
though. You have to drill and tap 6 holes in the top of the mast. OR you
can through bolt it with nuts and washers, which would require removing
the masthead, which would require taking the mast down....not going to
happen this season.

I'm glad to hear you had the same problem. Thanks for the input.

Kind regards,

J Bergquist
Calliope #287