[Public-list] Boom end crack

Bill Blevins billblevins at mac.com
Mon Jul 26 10:25:32 PDT 2004

I did buy the rigid vang from Garhauer with the traveler and also a
whole bunch of blocks, a 3 section line clutch and two line organizers.

I am going to use two track stops from my old traveller and fix the
gooseneck so the bottom of the boom is fixed in place - 31" off of the
deck with another track stop above. I'll keep the track on the mast for now.

I would probably be in to replacing that whole end of the boom this
winter as I will never use the rotation function. I don't think the
stress on that particular piece will break but I do plan on a more
permanent solution this fall. The crack worries me a little, but I shot
the third AwlGrip coat on the boom and ends last night and am not going
to chance messing that up right now. I just want to get in the water!

Splashdown: 6 days!

Bill Blevins
Sabrina #158