[Public-list] RE: Possible day-sailer project

Roger L. Kingsland rkingsland101 at ksba.com
Mon Jul 26 11:30:37 PDT 2004

on 7/24/04, Rick Leach wrote;

I think it would be far more sensible to locate a boat designed with this
purpose in mind than to hack up a beautiful A-30 (no matter how soggy the
core).  Everyone would be happier.  Are you really serious about this, or
did Roger K. put you up to it. ;)

Rick,

Thanks for thinking of me, but I have been too busy expanding the to do list
on "PERFECT intentions" to stir up much trouble on The List.   I have to
admit though, for someone looking for a (really big) project, converting an
A30 to a day sailor would be pretty interesting.  Done properly, the results
could be beautiful.   I was thinking of suggesting to Mr. Nagler that he buy
two A30s and convert them into a catamaran day sailor, but was concerned I
would get push back from the traditionalists.  I suppose there is something
to be said for "preserving the fleet."

Hope all is well on the Left Coast.

Roger