[Public-list] crack leak at the keel

Todd Redhead todd.redhead at sympatico.ca
Tue Jul 27 05:20:57 PDT 2004

I think I may be dealing with the same problem.  My drinking water started
to taste bad then developed floaters.  I decided to open up the water tank.
I installed a scew type clear plastic hatch under the seat in the v-berth.
What I noticed though was: after I drained all the water out to do a
cleaning, there was still a little bit (1/2 cup) of water in the bottom 2
weeks later.  My boat is in the water, so the only thing I could think of
was that water was coming in through the hull.  Upon closer inpection I can
see there are some cracks inside the tank down the center seam.  I was
planning on laying a layer of epoxy down to seal the cracks.

Anyone else delt with this?

Todd