[Public-list] Boom end crack

J Bergquist j at ship.saic.com
Mon Jul 26 09:56:50 PDT 2004

Bill-

This is kind of the same question I was asking about whether anybody had
replaced their gooseneck. Any chance you installed a rigid vang with
that new garhauer traveler? Have you read Tim Lackey's discussion about
how he ripped his boom off the mast track twice and wound up eventually
buying a new boom to go with his rigid vang, traveler, and loose-footed
main? Check it out:

http://www.triton381.com/projects/maintenance/gooseneck.htm

You might find some helpful information there...

I haven't noticed any problems with my boom gooseneck fitting. However,
I'm real interested in replacing the sliding track gooseneck system with
something that is fixed and through-bolted. If you have any ideas about
where to get the parts, I would love to know about it. At least one
other person has expressed an interest, so maybe if a bunch of people
decide they want fixed goosenecks, we could put together a group order.

Kind regards,

J Bergquist
Calliope #287