[Public-list] Chainplate knees and mast pad

Alfredo alberg30sail497 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 29 11:59:11 PDT 2004

The knees were redone on Free Spirit last spring due to some separation
between the knees to the hull. They were removed and replaced with
teak, covered with altering fiberglass roven mat and cloth. The bolt
size was increased to 5/16 and oversized washers used to act as back
plates. The repairs were thoroughly tested out at sea under strenuous
conditions. The mast still stands today.

Alfredo