[Public-list] Unexpected repair to gas tank filler hose

Daniel Sternglass dans at stmktg.com
Thu Jun 10 12:41:36 PDT 2004

Hi A-30 people,

Just before launching my A-30 last week, I noticed that the gas filler
hose was disintegrating at the end where it attaches to the tank. In my
1966 model, it is a simple, if contorted, process to replace the 4 short
lengths of -conductive- filler hose (there is also a wire grounding the
filler to the tank) and the 8 clamps that clamp them to the steel parts
and the tank and filler. Some of the 3 steel connecting parts were quite
corroded on the outside, but usable after cleaning them up.

Since this hose is almost entirely out of sight, I thought I'd mention
it on the list if some of you (like me) had never previously thought to
inspect it along its length.

--Dan Sternglass
Watcher of teh Skies, #201, 1966, Cayuga Lake, Ithaca, NY
dans at stmktg.com