[Public-list] Toilet Problems

Todd Redhead todd.redhead at sympatico.ca
Tue Jun 22 14:58:13 PDT 2004

Ok - on to the next problem....

Last weekend while sailing my toilet overflowed - with dirty water - not the nice clean lake water.  When I pump/flushed it out it would start to refill again and in about 10 mins it would be getting close to the rim again. I shut off the valve to the tank which seemed to work.  I experimented a bit and discovered that it would slowing fill with lake water if I left the flush lever in the up position.  While at dock - the toilet was fine and has been fine since.  Where should I start?

Thanks,

Todd