[Public-list] A30 Parade recap

RWLIDDICK at aol.com RWLIDDICK at aol.com
Mon Jun 21 15:23:23 PDT 2004

In a message dated 6/21/04 9:30:41 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
sail_505 at hotmail.com writes:

there  were 27
boats It took quite a bit of effort from a lot of people to put  this event
together. Thanks to ALL who helped and participated. Before  leaving

Mike,  thanks to you and Trish for ALL of your help.  The parade  would not
have been so festive if we had not had the flags.  Was a pretty,  pretty sight
-- and the 27 boats were awesome!!.  I know you two did a lot  of telephoning
to get that many out.  So sorry Gilleleje was not #28, but  things happen.
Just glad you and Trish made it back with no delays.   Thanks also to Towney for
arranging for the newspaper article.  No wonder  the mayor wanted to be a
part of all that -- but who'da thought?
A great party preceded the day of the parade.  Many thanks to Paula  and to
Pat & Mike Meinhold -- also Max and Rachel, as they certainly did  their share
of the work.  We are so lucky to have such a nice family  joining our group.
What an outstanding bunch we are!!!

As an aside, I think I will look into a professionally made banner (or
perhaps the 40th committee would want to pursue that.  I certainly don't  want to
step on any toes or duplicate any effort) with Chesapeake Bay Alberg 30
Association 40th Anniversary on it.  That would have answered a lot of  questions we
got as we sailed around.  We could still use it at all our  events for the
rest of the year.