[Public-list] Alcohol Stove

Michael dickdurk at intercom.net
Tue Jun 22 04:31:11 PDT 2004

There is a check valve in the bottom of the cylinder that gave me problems-
I never did figure out how to get at it. I finally (after many years of
fiddling with the Homestrand) got an Origo drop in two burner from West
Marine and have never looked back. Huge quality of life improvement in the
galley slave department.. Quicker water boil time and much less flare up on
start , too.

It can be a bit messy filling the canisters, though (they hold enough
alcohol for  three days + cooking). The simplicity of the rig deserves a
simple no drip filler upper.

Michael Grosh