[Public-list] parade and brightwork

Melissa Currier mcurrier at spinrx.com
Tue Jun 22 06:23:04 PDT 2004

In getting all of the old varnish off, a heat gun will be your best
friend.  And if you plan to revarnish, low-power power washing does a
beautiful job with much less elbow grease (strips weathered/grey wood and
dirt).  The other benefit to power washing is that it get the grime out of
those impossible to reach areas between combing and cabin and rail and
deck.

My husband is concerned about the long-term effects of powerwashing, but
if it's done right (and kept up) you only have to wash the bare wood once.