[Public-list] Installation of a Thru Hull and Seacock

Tom Sutherland sutherlandt at prodigy.net
Thu Jun 24 12:38:13 PDT 2004

Taylor ... Thanks for sharing your story with us. If I may I will  tell
you why I believe it to be a good idea to "close" cooling water intake
when you leave your boat in the water. Every hose connection on your
engine which is below the waterline is vulnerable when this seacock is
left open. If any of these should fail your boat could sink. I may have
misunderstood what you wrote but if not, I thought this was worth mentioning.

Tom S
A30  #412