[Public-list] stuffing box hose

CAPTDAVE40 at aol.com CAPTDAVE40 at aol.com
Sat Jun 26 10:22:41 PDT 2004

Hi Jim,
Last November I sailed my Alberg30 #306, from Penobscot Bay, Maine to
Grenada, West Indies.
    Thought I'd change out the stuffing box upon arrival. It was dripping and
I just wanted to take it apart and change out as many old parts as possible.
Of course, in the islands you must do with what you can find. I used wire
enforced {Napa, Caterpillar Part} radiator hose. Can't think of anything tougher.
It's better than the stuff I replaced, but again I don't use my engine much
down here.
Regards Dave
S/Y Coober Pedy
Spice Island Marina