[Public-list] Navigation Lights and fuzes

Meinhold, Michael J MICHAEL.J.MEINHOLD at saic.com
Mon May 3 07:29:34 PDT 2004

Mike -
  Thanks - I did question the wisdom of this light placement, but I didn't
see any holes. I'll leave them where they are!

 Several of you reccomended Mamock Automotive Electronics for my starter
rebuild. They turned it around in a day and did a great job at a good price,
and I second the reccomendation for anyone in the Annapolis area who needs
an alternator or starter rebuilt.  This saved me from replacing the starter,
flywheel and flywheel cover!

 When I bought the boat, the surveyor (Gail Browning of Hartoft) insisted on
a fuze on each positive battery cable, as close as possible to the battery.
I put in two 200A fuzes. When the starter disintegrated, it shorted the
battery and blew that fuze, but the engine kept on running. I didn't know it
until the paint on the starter was smoking. Without the fuze, the battery
cable might have burned and things would be _a lot_ worse.  The same would
be true for a destroyed alternator.

Mike