[Public-list] Fuel Tanks

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Wed May 19 06:30:19 PDT 2004

Yesterday I ordered a new fuel tank for my power boat. I did some research
on polyethelene tanks and learned a lot. Due to proposed tightening of
regulations by EPA, there may be fewer choices on PE tanks in the future and
we may have to resort to using aluminum tanks. Also, I read about new boat
recalls for fuel leaks from PE tanks and fittings. These issues caused me to
look more carefully at the options for my new tank.  I ordered a tank made
by Moeller because it seemed to be the best option. I haven't seen the tank
in person yet but expect it to arrive in the next few days. I let everyone
know my impression when I get it.

Mike Lehman
"Gilleleje" #505