[Public-list] main halyard led aft

Tim Erwin timerwin at charter.net
Mon May 31 14:57:20 PDT 2004

I'm considering leading my main halyard back to the cockpit on my boat. Looks pretty simple except for the raised cabin top. I'm trying to decide where to mount the turning block. If I go down  below the level line of the cabin top then I would need to come up to an eye then back. If I put the turning block level with the cabin top then it seems to me that there would exist a good trip hazard for someone scooting across the top and forget it is there. It would always have to be stepped over.

I would appreciate any feedback from the group. I notice in the photos that many boats have their main halyard led aft.

Thanks, Tim Erwin  #200 "SONSY"