[Public-list] Racing rules

Bill Blevins billblevins at mac.com
Fri May 7 04:59:33 PDT 2004

Not sure. No obstruction, no other boats on the line in front of them. We
both were in the middle of the line and about 2 boat lengths below it when
they bore off. The windward boat was a 36 footer and the leeward boat was a
28 footer. The leeward boat was in bad air at that time and probably
couldn't have come up much without the windward boat driving right over
them.

(Now you know I was the windward boat. I didn't come up when they called for
room because they still had 10-15 feet. We were on the winches ready to come
up when they started, but they maintained their position. We lost the
protest at SMSA on Wednesday and are appealing to CBYRA.)

Bill