[Public-list] what to do with shaft when the engine is gone?

Michael dickdurk at intercom.net
Tue May 11 18:27:35 PDT 2004

> If it were me, I'd want more than just the packing, holding the shaft in
> place.
> Brian
>

> > >Yes you can, but you have to do something to keep the >shaft from
sliding

> > tighten the packing nut excessively?
> >
> > Michael

How about if you use a bullet or collor zinc on the outside, and a hose
clamp or another collor zinc on the inside?

In any case, if it were me, I wouldn't eliminate the capability of having an
inboard. That would really reduce the boat's resale value. Having had close
relationships with quite a few outboards, I dislike them all as a tribe.
There are a lot of people out there just like me.

Sometimes one just has to suck it up and accept the true cost of owning a
boat.

Michael Grosh