[Public-list] Shaft removal

sousa, stephen (ENG) sousa_stephen at emc.com
Fri May 14 15:46:30 PDT 2004

Peter,

I agree with Brian, I would also buy some Rust Buster and spray the bolts
and shaft where it enters the flange. If you have a split flange which bolts
together around the shaft, that would be much easier to remove. Also when
reinstalling make sure the 1/4 inch key is tight into the shaft otherwise it
could move out of the shaft. I had this happen with the Yanmar, a gas engine
shouldn't vibrate that much.

Stephen