[Public-list] Weather fax

Peter Amos p.a.amos at tesco.net
Tue May 25 15:21:42 PDT 2004

Stephen
I tried it with a SSB Grundig YB400  with poor results which
is why I bought the communications receiver.Its possible though that the
antenna may have been the problem.The communications receiver gave me
instantly better results with the same antenna,about 5m, and better still
with a 10m simple wire antenna.
The Grundig cannot  receive Navtex frequencies but the comms receiver
can,though I have not yet had a successful Navtex message.Again I suspect
the antenna.
Vhf frequencies are in the wrong range for weatherfax.
Peter Amos
Tait Tait#478