[Public-list] main halyard led aft

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Mon May 31 16:23:08 PDT 2004

Tim,

When I switched to a roller furling genoa, I decided to run my main halyard
aft. After  a year I moved it back to the mast. Reasons: 1. there was added
friction and it was difficult to get the main up and down 2. You had to go
forward to reef anyway, and with the halyard led aft it was harder to reef
while single-handling the boat. Just a couple of thoughts.