[Public-list] Shaft zinc

Peter Amos p.a.amos at tesco.net
Sat May 15 09:34:43 PDT 2004

Dan,Brian,thanks.The zinc I have been using is same principle,but not quite
the same.The back of the zinc is more open so that the threaded part of the
trapped nut is exposed.This means the zinc can be turned up the shaft until
some of the shaft protrudes through the zinc.A split pin is then dropped
through a drilling in the shaft so that it cannot unwind.It may be I have
inherited a non standard arrangement but it works,if I can get the zincs.
Now I know the thread on the shaft is 5/8" I can go to Canterbury and see
what is on offer.
Peter Amos
Tait Tait #478