[Public-list] Boat Cover Frame Suggestions

Bob bob at fox.nstn.ca
Wed Nov 24 07:15:31 PST 2004

I have a rickety wooden frame now, that requires a lot of time and patience
to assemble.

I'm in Nova Scotia, lots of snow and very cold winter temperatures. (Good
for DN ice sailing)

There are metal frame solutions from various suppliers, (expensive) but I'm
looking for a DIY solution.

Would a "U" shaped PVC frame work in my area to support a tarp?
(With closely spaced frames and PVC ridge pole)

Does PVC have problems cracking in the cold?
What size PVC pipe?

Does anyone use this type of frame in cold, heavy snowfall areas?

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob Crinion
Nova Scotia

A30 #560