[Public-list] Winterizing Boat - What do we all need to Do??

Brian Zinser BZinser at mes.nmu.edu
Wed Nov 17 10:24:25 PST 2004

Not sure what type of engine you have, but I have a Gray Marine and all
I do is pull the plug in the block, manifold and remove the impeller
from the water pump.  I remove plugs, spray a small amount of lubricant
and lightly re-seat the plugs. I also remove the batteries, make sure my
gasoline tank is full and drain the fresh water tank.  I store with the
rig off the boat and I have the luxury of being indoors. Otherwise, the
only other thing I would do is build some structure and cover the boat
so that any water or melting snow will make its way off the boat.

I know some people put anti-freeze in the engine block.  I store north
of the 45 parallel and I have never used anti-freeze.

Brian Zinser
#134 Manana
South shore of Lake Superior.