[Public-list] That brown goo from weeping blisters

Don Campbell dk.campbell at sympatico.ca
Sun Nov 28 10:58:57 PST 2004

When I bought White Opal, #528,  there was so much water in the core of the deck
that I had water rising up out of the stantion base holes when I took the bolts
out of the deck. (I knew she was wet before I bought it from both a survey and
the broker who was selling her.) I redid the whole of the deck on WO. Once open,
the balsa was the colour of nicotine and to black. If this moisture is anywhere
near any of  port lights, stantion bases or chain plates, use a moisture meter
on the deck, particularly on the deck beside the coach house.
Don