[Public-list] Lost Rudder

Lincoln Finkenberg finkenbergl at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 29 08:33:48 PST 2004

I've lost my rudder.  I'm in the process of researching a replacment and thought the best place to start was with the Albergers. Is there a manual that contains the dimensions? Along with necessary hardware (much of it decided to leave with the rudder)? What or how is the rudder made (plywood, glass, and then more plywood, glass?).  Specifics on the hardware is incredibly helpful also.

Its on an older Alberg - so it has a rudder post (no stuffing box).  I visited Sabrina's website where he refubished a rudder - lots of excellent pics that gave me a good idea of the mechanics of the whole thing.  Along with the Alberg30 website that had some very prescient insights.  But, I'm pretty much making best guesses - so the input is sorely needed.

On the off chance someone has one laying around - I'm in the market for a rudder. If things get daunting -- recomendations for a rudder maker (hardware included) are appreciated?  Or someone know someone who can readily fabricate the hardware located around the rudder?  What's left is the metal pipe sticking through the rudder post that runs 12" or so then bears forward about 5" or 6" - everything is else completely gone.

Captain rock bottom,

Gypsy 138
347-232-3882