[Public-list] Raymarine ST4000 Autopilot

JBrouss667 at aol.com JBrouss667 at aol.com
Thu Oct 21 16:47:25 PDT 2004

We just purchased a new ST4000 autopilot for our upcoming trip to Florida.
Installation seems pretty straightforward, but we wanted to know if any Alberg
30 owners have installed the same unit and have any advice.

2 main questions:
-how far forward from the rudder post did you mount the unit? i would like to
mount it farther forward than recommended. anyone tried this? any problems?

-where did you mount the Flexgate compass? any areas work better than others?

Thanks in advance. Feel free to respond to us directly- JBrouss667 at aol.com.
-John and Ellen
"rubicon" #72