[Public-list] Roller furling

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 18 10:18:40 PDT 2004

How old is your roller furling. A few years back, when I was in the market,
I looked at Harken, but did not buy one because the bearing race was a
square channel and the bearings are, of course, round. This would cause
point-loading on the bearings under heavy load and there were reports that
the units would not operate smoothly under a lot of tension. You might
contact Harken directly.

              Mike Lehman