[Public-list] Roller furling - or hanked on?

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 18 17:41:19 PDT 2004

I'm with Brian on this one. I switched to a Schaeffer 1100 with a new 135%
and remain competitive, and have the added luxury of 'rolling up' to a 110
with good shape. A good example of how handy this is, was this past week on
the Fall Cruise. While sailing up the Chester River, the wind was from the
west. As the river took a bend to the west [not wide enough to tack upwind],
we simply rolled up and motored into the wind, the when the river turned
north at the next mark, we un-rolled, cut the motor and we sailing again.
It's great, but it is also a good system that is matched to the A30.

Mike Lehman