[Public-list] Roller furling

Roger L. Kingsland rkingsland101 at ksba.com
Tue Oct 19 06:51:28 PDT 2004

I noticed on Yves Gelinas' site (http://www.capehorn.com/CadreAnglais.htm
about half way down) that Jean du Sud has twin headsails that are
side-by-side not fore & aft; one is roller, the other hank on.  I figure if
both were roller they would need to be 9" to 10" apart (my furrier is 8" in
diameter).  Any thoughts on how having a headsail 5" off center effects
performance.  I suppose there would need to be some sort of  triangle (sort
of like a diamond spreader?) at the head of the mast to keep the stays
apart.

Roger L. Kingsland, AIA
Managing Partner
Kingsland Scott Bauer Associates (KSBA)
N40° 27' 49"  W79° 57' 59"
3441 Butler Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15201
www.ksba.com

1(412) 252-1500 X101 - Office & Voice Mail
1(412) 779-5101 - Mobile (no voice mail)
1(412) 252-1510 - Fax