[Public-list] Flexible shaft coupling

sousa, stephen (ENG) sousa_stephen at emc.com
Sat Oct 23 12:21:55 PDT 2004

Lee,

We are using a flex coupling on the Yanmar, it help a little with the
alignment. The real function is that it saves the transmission if a line
wraps around the shaft.  Globe Rubber offers this product which is available
on line and at West Marine. If you are not replacing the shaft during this
install and everything remains the same with the motor replacement, the
shaft will have to be shortened by x inches for the coupling install.

Stephen