[Public-list] a-30 mast height? Height of boat? draft to topof cabin??

Tom Sutherland sutherlandt at prodigy.net
Wed Oct 27 09:43:34 PDT 2004

For what it is worth. Using a four foot level I measured from the top of
the mast step to the top of the toe rail (16 inches) and then from the
top of the toe rail to the indicated water line (36 inches.) By these
measurements (I had written these down) I deduced that it was only about
four and one half feet from the water to the mast step. Doesn't seem
like that would be enough but that is what I have written down.

Also I believe the 34 ft 9 3/8 inches is for the mast extrusion only and
one must add the mast head fitting along with the wind indicator and VHF
antenna if there is one.

Tom S
A30 412