[Public-list] "No V-berth", she says. What's the alternative?

Michael Connolly crufone at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 28 09:57:41 PDT 2004

Hello,
I was thinking about fabricating a removable filler between the two main cabin berths.  Was planning on using table brackets mounted on both trim pieces on the outside of each of the berths, (wooden cleats could also be installed).  A sturdy panel would then be supported on each side by the table brackets.  Main issue is how to store the panel and mattress when not in use.
Michael

Gail DeMoss <gdemoss at alberg30.org> wrote:
Some A30 owners have inserted a "fill", in the main cabin, across the
cabin to connect the two seats. The back cushions are then used to make
the "double bed". Maybe someone who has done this can explain it better.

I am not crazy about the V-berth for sleeping. Too hard to get in and
out and I am always whacking my head, elbows, knees or sticking a foot
in Georges back, face, stomach, etc.

Gail Dinwiddie
Calypso #543