[Public-list] Backstay replacement...

sousa, stephen (ENG) sousa_stephen at emc.com
Sun Oct 31 18:10:33 PST 2004

George,

The knees were checked and fine. I resealed the entire rig when the new
chain plates were installed.

One thing that I noticed during the mast beam repair was water intrusion
into the beam traced back to the center bolts holding the mast step into the
beam. This was repaired with the mast step and beam rework.

When looking at boats on the market during the 90s and currently, I don't
think any Alberg owner should have concern. When we pulled the mast from 114
last week, we also carried a mast from a new boat. The new mast took two
people to move it into the rack. The mast from 114 generally takes 3 or 4
people, Whitby did a nice job with this rig.

Regards,
Stephen