[Public-list] Wind and sails on the A30

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Mon Oct 18 13:27:34 PDT 2004

I agree that it's best to sail at the cove stripe, but it sounds as if
you're reefing rather early.  How old is your main?  Just from your
description, I'm guessing that it's stretched out and causing you to
heel more than necessary.  As the wind comes up, you want to flatten the
main to reduce the heeling force.  If it won't flatten, your only option
is to reduce sail and go slower.

 - George