[Public-list] shaft bearing removal

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 22 18:35:54 PDT 2004

If you have the standard flange coupling that was original with the A4 and
the A30, loosen or remove the four flange bolts and separate the two
flanges. Then buy longer bolts that will allow you to place a socket
slightly smaller than the shaft diameter [probably 3/4" will work]. Place
this socket on the end of the shaft between the flanges with the longer
bolts installed, Make sure the set bolt is loosened and slowly tighten each
bolt one turn at a time. Start with the first bolt, tighten on turn, then
bolt two one turn, and so on until the socket pushes the shaft out of the
coupling. Simple

Mike Lehman