[Public-list] Prop question

FINNUS505 at aol.com FINNUS505 at aol.com
Thu Sep 2 08:25:45 PDT 2004

Hey guys,

Hope everyone is having a great season!!

I have a chance to revisit the two vs. three blade prop issue again, and
this time I am going for the two blade.

Anyone have a left hand two blade prop they can part with, or suggest a
source?
What is the latest thinking on alternatives to bronze props?

What caulk do you use to seal in the stern tube? I used 3M 4200 to seal  mine
in last spring, and it didn't leak, but when I had to pull it now, jeez;
Hours to dig it out.

What size prop are A30 owners with diesels using? I have a 16.5 hp, two
cylinder Volvo diesel. Does anyone sail with a 14 inch diameter two blade? Can
you still get it off the shaft past the rudder, without having to remove the
cutlass bearing housing/ stern tube assembly?

What is the latest thinking on alternative materials to  bronze?

Thx,
Lee Trachtenberg
Stargazer #255