[Public-list] GOB Regatta & Fall Rendezvous

Michael Connolly crufone at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 24 07:51:46 PDT 2004

George,
The skipper who I was to race with in the GOB Regattas on the 2nd and the 9th can now only make the Oct 2nd race.  That leaves me free to race with someone else on the 9th and to attend the Alberg 30 Fall Rendezvous.  I would very much like to attend the Rendezvous and meet with as many Alberg 30 owners as possible.  It would be a super bonus if I could find a crewing position on someone's Alberg 30 who is racing that day. At this point the time is very short and I don't have any A30 contacts in the Annapolis area beside yours truly.  Here I go again, George would you be willing to check around for me to see if it would be possible to join an A 30 as crew for the races on the 9th?   I am leaving this afternoon for racing in Chicago this weekend.  I will also copy the Alberg Public List with the hope that a participant will see my request and respond.  I have about 10 years sailboat racing experience, most in dinghies, but some in Yngling, Etchels, and larger cruising sailboats.  What
 I am saying is that I could be active crew and not just along for ballast.  It would be wonderful to help someone out who is short handed.

Sorry for such a request at such short notice, I just found out the situation this morning from my Seafarer skipper.  Thanks George.
Michael