[Public-list] Beautiful A30 in Yacht world

Roger L. Kingsland rkingsland101 at ksba.com
Thu Sep 2 08:51:39 PDT 2004

Thanks Mike, #148 has double doors to the forward cabin opening forward;
did/do you and did you remove yours or switch them to open aft?

I actually spent a few minutes contemplating a dishwasher (tow net bag filed
w/ dishes [not while racing, of course, unless we can convince Towney to do
it]), before realizing you were referring to the PERSON who does the dishes,
IE me.  It's a curse I have, thinking about stupid stuff (remember the bow
sprit and crow's nest; I didn't bring up the chain saw to the keel, though).

I was in Home Depot the other day.  They have so much of my money they have
actually assigned me a personal shopping assistant.  It's so cool, he has
one of those orange aprons, comes to the door driving a fork lift and has my
credit card number is tattooed to his right bicep.  There he showed me a
DeWalt battery operated wet and dry shop vac for $100 (it was right next to
the DeWalt combination field radio/CD player/power center).  It uses 12 or
18V battery packs (not included) and is the size of a kids school back pack.

How bout the first A30 with a central wet/dry van system.  Mount to bulkhead
at forward end of a cockpit locker and run flex hose to cockpit and a few
spots below.  Suck up those soggy potato chips on the cockpit floor, vacuume
morning dew from cockpit cushions before coffee, suck dry fowlies before
hanging up; heck, with a clean nozzle, you could even dry the dishes.  Just
a thought.

Roger