[Public-list] Alberg 30 v Alberg 29 - what are the differences?

John G. Morrison goalnet at direct.ca
Sun Sep 5 12:22:30 PDT 2004

Hi John: The Alberg  29 I saw a few years back ( It is now in New Zealand I
Believe) the aft bulkhead of the main cabin was about a foot further aft
than my 30 . This permitted the installation I can't remember if it was
standard of a stove cw oven. Also a Nav Station on the port side . Since the
29 is 1foot 3 inches shorter than the 30 this ment the cockpit well was
shorter and the lazarette     disappeared (see comment about straight
stern). It also meant there was less space for the engine. I really liked
the idea of the longer cabin and shorter cockpit but you still need the
overall length. I defer to Gordon's comment re the beam and mast .There are
quite a number of Alberg 30s in Vancouver and on the Island but the owners
don't  seem interested in racing . Let me know if you would  be
interested in seeing a list created or updated. John  Antares 382