[Public-list] Alberg 30 v Alberg 35

John Bailey baileyje at voyager.net
Tue Sep 7 09:47:55 PDT 2004

John,

One summer, while I left "Zevulun" on the hard to do some work, I loan
my dock to a friend who had an Alberg 35.  I sailed it often and would
make these comments.  The 35 is much more boat.  It is smoother to
sail, has more room for living and sails faster.  However, when I
got "Zevulun" back on the water, I realized that the 30's are much
more fun to sail, are much easier to sail, and so, I sailed much
more.  If you are going to live on a boat, or go sail around the
world, if comfort is primary importance, by all means, go for the 35.
If the fun and excitement of sailing is what you cherish, and you like
to sail alot, the 30 is much better.  As far as price.  It was my
impression by talking to people that the 35's don't sell for that much
more.  My friend paid only $500 more for his boat in similar shape.
Just my 2 cents worth.

John