[Public-list] Leech line when reefed?

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Mon Sep 13 08:37:47 PDT 2004

Hey there -

Your leach line should "surface" from the leach tabling and be equipped with
a riveted or sewn in cleating set up at each reef.  If you don't have that
there is no way to adjust it while reefed.

You may retort back if you have already dealt with the following...

Your question makes me wonder if you have enough "down" vector in your
reef/clew set-up...

Just back from a wonderful passage aboard the new War of 1812 replica
"Friends Good Will" (google her by name for pics)  on her maiden voyage.  I
was honoured to serve as her 1st Officer for my leg of the trip.  She
absolutely galloped while reaching - hours on end at over 8 knots despite
the fact that I was going easy on her since this was her first time under
sail.  She will be a flyer.

Cheers - Gord
#426 Surprise