[Public-list] Need new sail advice

John Birch Sunstone at cogeco.ca
Thu Sep 16 11:19:11 PDT 2004

Bainbridge cloth and Nordac (North) are essentially similar cloths, however
Premium Nordac is a much tighter weave. When you consider the amount of
labour which is the same essentially in assembling a sail ( a very
significant factor in costs ) and the difference between a premium cloth
price vs. a basic cloth to longevity and holding sail shape - I would
respectfully submit for your consideration that wise money would be spent on
the best cloth you can get.

Before buying it would be wise to see if a Premium Bainbridge cloth is
available if you choose not to go with North. My main (actually all the
newer inventory) is built using Premium Bainbridge cloth by Triton Sails in
Mississauga Ontario Canada back in '96 and is holding it's shape
wonderfully.

But it is a personal choice.

Best of luck regardless,

Cheers,